Friday, June 30, 2017

Layered Flowers for Mom (#26/52) {06.30.2017}

Howdy! Here I am, with another card for my Momma. This one was using a new stamp set that Sparkle N Sprinkle carries in their online store. This is a layering stamp set from Hampton Art. The stamp set is called Flower Happy Layering set. I This flower has three layers to it, the solid background, the detail, and the outline. I used all 3 stamps to make each flower. Let's check out the card.

I stamped one of the flowers, masked it off, then stamped the next, masked it, and stamped again ... I did this until I had four (yellow) flowers cascading across the card. I also stamped the purple flowers, which has two layers, a silhouette layer and an outline layer. I did the same for the leaves and stems with green inks. After I finished stamping, I fussy cut the card panel above the flowers, adhered it with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to foam, and adhered it to my card base. I also squeezed out a dot of the same adhesive to the yellow flower centers, and sprinkled on some Evening Glow glitter. I also used the Nuvo Glue Pen Fine Tip to add adhesive to the leaves and the purple flowers. For the leaves, I sprinkled on Luau Green glitter to the leaves, and I added Orchid glitter to the purple flowers. Then, to add a little bit of fun something-something, I drew in black dots with my thin-line black marker. I was inspired by a card I saw on Little Crafty Pill blog. I am a new follower of her blog, and am loving her creations!

I also stamped out the sentiment with a black ink, then sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I fussy cut the sentiment, added some foam dimensionals behind it, and layered it across the card.

This was another fun card to make. I love layering stamps and I love flowers ... so to combine the two is pure happiness :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Love that stamp set! Missed it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Chris! I love your pop up dimension - that's kind of a trademark for you, and always wows me! I like how you sprinkled a little glitter on the drops! wonderful card! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Chris. Adore how you did the wording over the image.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Chris this is absolutely stunning!! I love the pretty flowers and all the stamping is beautiful!! Sorry I have taken so long to get here, was gone for 10 days and trying to play catch up!

    ReplyDelete