Friday, June 23, 2017

I Admire Your Strength Rose Buds Card for Mom (#25/52) {06.23.2017}

Hello! Today's card for Mom is using two of my new favorite Alt E New stamp sets ... Best Buds and Budding Thanks. Let's check it out!

These two stamp sets compliment one another. The Budding Thanks set is the layering set. For the rose bud, there are 5 layers, three for the rose bud itself, and two additional layers for the greenery at the base of the bud. I stamped out the roses with three shades of red inks, and the bud base in two shades of green inks. The Best Buds stamp set is the outline image for all the leaves and flowers in the Budding Thanks set. I stamped the outlines with black ink over the rose buds. Then, I squeezed on some rain drops using Sparkle N Sprinkle's Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew, which dries clear.

And, I also stamped the leaves and stems using both the Budding Thanks for the two layers of leaves and stems, and the Best Buds for the outlines for the leaves. There is also an outline for the stems, but I didn't want to use it since I wanted to stamp my sentiment in black, in the center of the card and I thought that layering the sentiment over black lines would detract a bit from the sentiment.

Finally, here is the sentiment. I stamped it in black ink over the green stems. This worked out really well because the sentiment popped out well even with the stems in the background!

I think Mom will like this card because she loves flowers. This card was fun to make and it came together pretty quickly. I love layering stamps and love how much detail the layers provide.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous "best buds" card, Chris! I love those rich, red colors, and the sweet step stamping with a bit of "light" between the color and outline. The morning new is the perfect touch for a bit of shininess, just as Mother Nature kisses the flowers each day. Your mom will treasure it, as she has all her cards this year thus far. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and it looks just like morning dew .... what a fabulous stamp set, I can see I will have to do some stamp shopping soon and don't own any from this company...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, love those Nuvo drop rain drops, must investigate using them !

    ReplyDelete