Monday, June 19, 2017

Dad's Day Cards {06.19.2017}

For Father's Day, I made "galaxy" cards for our Dads. I started out with watercolor paper cut just shy of an A2 size. I used watercolors and painted on some random blobs of paint, dried each layer with a heat tool, then swirled on some black watercolor on top of the colors. I then flicked on some white acrylic paint, and layered them behind a card panel with a die cut rectangle cut out. Then, I squeezed on some little drops of stickles for some glittery goodness or twinkling stars! Here is what the front of the cards looked like. (Sorry for the poor photo quality on this one, I don't know what happened!)

Here is a close up of one of the galaxies. About half way through creating the galaxy following the steps above, you will think it is a hot mess ... but keep going, trust me! It will work out and look incredible :)

And, here is the other galaxy. I like the "shooting star" effect from a few over zealous paint splatters! This was so much fun to make.

The inside has a little surprise ... I stamped out some of the images from Lawn Fawn's Out of This World stamp set, and die cut the images with the matching dies. I watercolored these images, and let them dry. I also stamped out a punny sentiment using Taylored Expressions' My Favorite Dad stamp set and white pigment ink. Then, once I had the sentiment stamped out, I spiral cut a circle shaped acetate piece. I adhered the center of the spiral to the inside front of the card and the end of the spiral to the inside back of the card. I adhered the astronaut to the acetate spiral and it "hovers" in mid-air like it is floating! So cool!

And here is the inside of the second card. This astronaut hovers too - the spiral was attached to the inside of the card front, and the other end was attached to the inside of the card. This really made me happy because it is so easy to do, and really makes the card interactive and fun!

I hope our Dads enjoy their cards ... I think they will

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Especially like the little floating astronauts - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic! Great technique, Chris! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous, how fun and creative and love that each one will never be the same...might have to this technique a 'try'!! Fantastic cards!!

    ReplyDelete