Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle June 2017 Reveal {06.15.2017}

Welcome to the Sparkle N Sprinkle
June Reveal Blog Hop!




We are now revealing our new stamp sets on the15th of each month.  On the first of the month, a new video kit club will be revealed.

We are continuing to add new product lines, so be on the look out for them.  The newest addition is Hampton Arts.


We have four new rubber stamp sets plus one huge digi bundle being revealed this month.  

The sets are:



Umbrella Friends 851  
(Digital Version DIGI851BG - additional sentiment)

Tropical Mermaid Alana 854
  (Digital Version DIGI854LS - additional sentiments)

Swallowtail Butterflies 856
(Digital Version DIGI856FS - see below)

Baby, Oh Baby 857
(Digital Version DIGI857SG - additional sentiments)

DIGI856FS - Swallowtail Butterflies (includes lots of additional colored images, additional sentiments, and digi paper)


When you purchase the digi versions of any of the SNS rubber sets, you are getting lots of extras that aren't available otherwise.  These extras include additional images and/or sentiments not available with the rubber version, digi papers (in some cases), and a cut file to use with your electronic cutting machines will also be included with all digi images purchased!

You're definitely going to want both the rubber versions as well as the digi versions of all our new releases.

The new sets are 20% off until June 20, 2017.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the New Store and start shopping.

On June 18th, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new rubber stamp sets revealed this month.


The Blog Hop Order this month is:

Shona
Diane
Donna
Chris
Jess
Anne
Belinda
Eret

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)



We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  

 Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????


Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!



We are also happy to announce the new and improved SNS Creative Challenge.  It will now be held on Facebook. 

 Search for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge group and ask to join today.  This is a closed group, but we want anyone who wants to participate to join (just trying to keep out spammers 😀).  You can join today!

 The new challenge will begin July 1 and will run from the 1st - 25th of each month.  A SNS image (either rubber or digi) needs to be used.  If you don't have any yet, no worries, there are some Freebies located on the new website.  They are located on the Home page, just scroll down a bit to see them:

The Winner and Top Three will be posted on the last day of each month.  The Winner will receive a $15 Gift Certificate to the new on-line store.  Please review all the Challenge Rules before submitting your photo.

We hope to see you soon in our new Facebook Group!



I fell in love with this sweet mermaid. I used the Tropical Mermaid Alana digital stamp set for this card. I sized and printed her out in the pre-colored version. Perfect! Here is the card I made using this really fun image!

I printed a second image too, along with the sentiment that we'll see next. I die cut the tail of the second image into a circle, mounted it onto a mini Action Wobble and mounted it above her for some dimension and to allow her tail to flick back and forth! It was really fun to flick her tail and watch her kinda dance. I also fussy cut part of her hair, covered it with Versamark Ink, then sprinkled on Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I repeated this step several times and then on the final layer, I sprinkled on some Spring Willow embossing powder. I didn't cover the whole image, I just wanted some highlights in her hair. I heat set it a final time, and the Spring Willow embossing powder kinda marbleizes into the layers of Clear Detail embossing powder below it.

I also printed out one of the sentiments from this stamp set. I die cut it into a heart, and repeated the same Clear Detail layers as noted above. Then, I swiped more Versamark Ink pad along the outer edge of the heart and sprinkled on some more Spring Willow embossing powder, and heat set it again. This created a bit of a frame around the hear which was so pretty! While I was making all these layers, I also added in some Silver Pearl embossing powder on the shell, and heat set it. This gave the shell some sparkle and depth, but it was hard to capture in the photos.

Okay, I think my new FAVORITE embossing powder is Caribbean ... I repeated the layered Clear Detail embossing powder on some swirls that I die cut. Then, the final layer was a light sprinkling of Caribbean. I did just enough to get some color on the swirl but not covering it completely. I heat set it, and boy oh boy was it gorgeous! The colors are amazing and so gorgeous!!!! And, to frame up the edges of the card panels, adhered a strip of 1/8" "Tear-ific" Tape along the edges, and burnished in some Ocean glitter. Such a beautiful glitter!

I also did some swirls in the same marble technique but used the Ocean embossing powder ... which might be my other NEW favorite! Here is a close up of the beautiful blue tones in this embossing powder. Swoon! I also added a lot of dots around the card to make a lot of water bubbles. I made them with Caribbean Ocean Crystal Drops by Nuvo.

I hope you enjoy these new stamps! Now, you get to continue hopping along when you go to Jess's blog. I know you will LOVE what she has in store for you. She makes really FUN and GORGEOUS cards!!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

21 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE your fabulous step card, Chris! SO MUCH awesome texture and dimension, and real oceanic colors involved! Very imaginative and oh-so-beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Chris! I love all the dimension you've achieved and the action wobble is perfect for her tail. So many fabulous details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those details - wow! I love the wobble you added - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful step card...love all the details and the colors and well... I LOVE it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The step card is a great way to feature this little mermaid. She's simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love your step card and the spotlight technique!!! The colors and sparkle are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet side step the image is adorable.......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not up to date on the style of your card? But, I really like it. I know it has glitter, some 3D effects going on and the side step isn't bad either. Nah! Just kidding. You made an awesome card. I really like it. Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on becoming a designer for SNS! I'm going to try and case your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's me again! I tried to say something to all you designers. One of the pages is not accepting any comments. Just wanted all you designers to know how great I think you all are! I look at these projects and think, where did they'd see that? I'm really going to try an increase my me time to create. Wish me luck, say a prayer, whatever. I really want to create more. Thank you all for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, very cool embossing powders. Love this cute mermaid. Gorgeous card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH this sentiment is goals! LOL! What a fabulous side step card, perfect to showcase the gorgeous coloring and details of the set! This is the epitome of summer ♥ TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Love how you used the embossing powders and the fun wiggle to her tail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an awesome card. Thouse blue embossed swirls are gorgeous. Perfect decorative element with your beautiful and fun Mermaid. My faworite things are the hearts - they look stunning. How did you managed to keep them straight? Then I use several layers of EP, paper always curves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. Love the mermaid image, the shape and all wonderful details.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You totally took this to the next level with the dimension and action wobbler. Way to go! I love it. Using the hearts for the sentiments is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Chris! This is amazing. I absolutely love the magnifying glass effect. And the mermaid saying on the heart!!!!! Well, let's say my heart just melted. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the embossing powders over the clear - to make those stunning detailed pieces. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful step card. That is a perfect style for that mermaid design images.

    ReplyDelete
  19. MAGICAL card!
    LOVE your beautiful mermaid and fancy folds, LOVE all the creative detail of your sparkle and action wobbler too!
    THANK YOU for sharing and INSPIRING ... I confess to having a crafty fascination for mermaids at the moment and always been addicted to fancy folds, so your card especially inspires me :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the hearts along the steps of the card. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete