Thursday, June 22, 2017

Made With Love Sew Card {06.22.2017}

Hi! Here is another card for Cardz 4 Galz. This one is for the "Sew & Sew" Challenge #50. I used a stamp set from a friend ... and it wasn't in its original packaging, so I have no idea what this set is from. But, it was just what I wanted, it had a sewing machine, pin cushion, buttons, and some other fun sewing images. I used some patterned paper in my stash to make it look a bit like a sewing machine on a table, with some striped wallpaper in the background! Makes me think of Grandma :)

I stamped out the images on white cardstock with black copic friendly ink. I colored the images with copic markers, fussy cut them out, used a black marker to color the edges of the images, and then I layered them over the patterned paper. I also coated each image with a layer of Glossy Accents to give each image some shine! This makes the sewing machine look more like Grandma's!

This pin cushion makes me so happy! I fussy cut the pin cushion, and then stamped the pin cushion again, right where I wanted it to sit on the desk area, and then layered the fussy cut pin cushion over it. Then, I fussy cut the pin tops and layered them over the pins that were stamped directly to the patterned paper. This made it easier to layer up the pin heads and give a teeny bit of dimension.

And, I colored the buttons, fussy cut them out, adhered them to the card, then covered them with Glossy Accents for shine and depth! Such fun!

I hope you enjoy this sweet card, made with love. It was fun to make and it was nice to work with retro colors!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

4 comments:

  1. Hi chris this really is a beautiful designed card, and I just love how you have created your sewing machine and pin cushion, lovely bright buttons, it really is a lovely cheery card love it.

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Chris!! Fabulous way to make each piece shine by adding the glossy accents...cute and fun stamps...I saw this challenge and had thought about entering it...but always a 'time factor' with me...sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable card, Chris! I love the shiny details on your colorful elements, and the popped up images. The two toned background really brings out the "scene". My favorite part is the colors you chose - so bright and happy -- hey! That sounds like YOU, doesn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the creativeness of this card Chris and how you have your sewing machine on the 'table'. Great assortments of sewing needs. Great layout. Sew great work.

    ReplyDelete