Monday, June 12, 2017

Mom (and DAD!) Anniversary Card (#23/52) {06.12.2017}

Okay, this post should have been last week, since Mom & Dad's 55th Anniversary was Friday, June 9. But, when I mailed the package and card, the post said it would arrive on SATURDAY, a day late ... I didn't want them to see the card until it arrived, so I delayed this post. Let's check out the card I made for them for their 55th wedding anniversary, which is the Emerald anniversary. Since green is my favorite color, I had to, I mean I was COMPELLED to add in some GREEN. Yahoo!

I die cut "happy" in glittery green cardstock twice, and once with white cardstock. I layered them up for dimension and stability. This photo shows the layers as well as the scoring.

I created a cross-hatch score pattern for the background of the card (I totally stole this idea from Pinterest!). I scored the back of the card panel on the diagonal at every 1". Then, I spun the card 90 degrees, and scored the card panel again. I pressed a little extra hard on this scoring so that the ridges would stand out really well. Then, I adhered little green rhinestones from my stash.

I also stamped out "anniversary" sentiment using Versamark Ink and then sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I layered this strip across the card and adhered the "happy" die cut over it.

And, I layered a card panel inside the card. First, I lightly stamped a floral image background with really light ink. I stamped "congratulations" from Lawn Fawn's Scripty Sayings. I also used several alphabet sets to stamp out the rest of the sentiment. I used Harold's ABCs and Violet's ABCs.

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! I hope you have many more years to come :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job Chris. I'm sure your folks loved it! Really like the scoring - very effective for a background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a beautiful card, Chris? I love the REAL, BIG, HAPPY! What an achievement! I hope we can be married 55 years, too! We still have a ways to go. Best wishes to your parents, and congrats on a beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete