Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Swallowtail Butterflies Card {07.05.2017}

Greetings! Another new release card from Sparkle N Sprinkle!!! I used the amazing Swallowtail Butterflies stamp set for today's card. It is a layering stamp set, and is awesome! Let's check out the card I made using one of the butterflies in the set. 
Swallowtail Butterflies
Here is a close up of the butterfly. I wanted to make the butterfly with several colors. So, I stamped out the larger butterfly background (solid image) with Versamark Ink onto some cardstock that I had pre-treated with my Anti Static Bag. I used my stamp positioner since I wanted to stamp several times to ensure an even coverage of the Versamark Ink. I sprinkled on some Amour embossing powder along the center of the butterfly, and tipped the image to remove the rest of the embossing powder. Then, I sprinkled on some Orange Marmalade embossing powder along the outer edge of the wings, and then I heat set. This made a two-tone base! Then, I stamped the second layer of the butterfly, which adds the lines and details of the butterfly. I stamped this layer again in Versamark Ink. I sprinkled on Black Detail embossing powder and heat set it. This created the black wing and body details! I also squeezed on a long bead of the new Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive along the butterfly body, and sprinkled on Black Ice glitter. This created a nice dimensional butterfly body. So cool! 
Swallowtail Butterflies
I stamped out the sentiment onto white cardstock, using Versamark Ink as well. This time, I sprinkled on more Amour embossing powder and heat set it. Then, I die cut the sentiment using a label die. While the cardstock was still within the die, I blended some pink distress ink onto the cardstock, and then removed the die piece. This keeps the ink from coloring the edges of the label, and creates more dimension and fun! 
Swallowtail Butterflies
I also jazzed up the base of the card and sentiment strip. I stuck down a strip of 1-1/2" "Tear-ific" Tape, removed the release paper, and sprinkled on Black Ice glitter. This covered the entire bottom of the card base! I cut a strip of green patterned paper, and laid a strip of 1/4" "Tear-ific" Tape across it. I removed the release paper and burnished in some Luau Green glitter. I threaded the green patterned glittery paper through the sentiment label and adhered it all together and layered it over the glittered card base. Pretty! 
Swallowtail Butterflies
I really like layering stamps because I like having the details and the solid image, which creates a lot of depth and fun to the image. These butterfly stamps are really fun and can be used for all sorts of cards. I know you will love them too! 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day! 

-Chris 

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. Such a brilliantly colored, and sparkly card, Chris! I love the glittery goodness across the base, and the spectacular textures in your amazing butterfly! Gorgeousness! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sparkly card Chris. Love all the added glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cheerful butterfly with all the glitter, texture on the card and the sentiment, too! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete