Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Masculine Nautical Birthday Card {07.12.2017}

I made today's card for a co-worker who likes to sail. This is what I came up with. Let's check it out.

I used several patterned papers, and die cut the sails and boat. I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Bake Me a Cake stamp set. I also added a LOT of texture for the water and sandy beach using seed beads and shells. This photo shows all the texture and the sentiment banner.

Here are the waves I made with paper. I inked and curled paper to make waves, and layered them all together. I also used some twine, acting as rope, to frame the oval image and waves. This photo helps showcase these embellishments.

I wanted to create an old-fashioned, vintage feel. I crumbled up some paper, to use as the insert into the card base, and then inked up the crinkles using distress ink. After this was all done, I stamped the happy birthday sentiment with gold pigment ink, using another Lawn Fawn stamp set.

This card was pretty different for me ... I struggle with masculine cards. But, this one was fun to make and I think our co-worker enjoyed it.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. WOWOW! My goodness, Chris! Those photos are like RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF ME! Fantastic photos! And your card is even fantastic-ker! Beautiful mixed media creation, and such wonderful textures in every inch of your masterpiece! LOVE IT! Right down to the tee-tiniest of beadz. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my the textures are FABULOUS on this....the entire piece is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete