Friday, July 28, 2017

Hello Splatter Watercolor Card for Mom (#30/52) {07.28.2017}

Hi! Today's card for Mom is a water-color background with splatters ... and um (cough, cough) I got a little carried away with the splattering since I accidentally spilled the whole bottle of Distress Paint onto my card! So, I embraced it, and added a LOT of splatter! Let's check it out.

I was inspired by Kristina Werner's card on her blog. She created a watercolor background then added some (light) splatters. Thus, I tried to replicate this idea using some twinkling H20s watercolor paints, and white Distress Paint. I used BRIGHT colors (teal, green, purple) for the background, then started splattering, and ended up accidentally dumping about 3/4s of the bottle onto my background, my craft mat, and everything else on my work surface ... I decided to embrace it and flicked a LOT of white paint onto my background (all the paint that had landed on my acrylic block). After it dried, I die cut the background with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die, and adhered it to my card panel. Then, I die cut four "hello" word dies and layered them together with wet glue and adhered the sentiment to the front of the card.

I also created an insert panel for the inside of the card. I die cut another square die cut panel, and then also cut out a honu (hawaiian sea turtle) die. I also used the same die to cut another honu from a left over piece of the watercolor background, and some blue sparkle paper. I layered this all up, and viola, had a fun inside!

I hope Mom likes this card - I was inspired by Kristina's card, and I really like my background too. It was lots of fun making this card, even with the massive spill!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. I love, love this card and you know sometimes accidents like this can make the best cards, this is awesome and the background looks like it was all meant to be..fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Miss Puppy Kisser, I LOVE how this came out! Your background is incredible, and it looks completely planned out with that wonderful white die cut sentiment! Love love LOVE your card. Here's hoping for many more happy accidents that you can teach me about! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background is awesome! Here's to many more "happy" accidents!

    ReplyDelete