Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanks FIRST Responders! (11/30/2012)

Today, Guy's Whatcom Community College Communication Club is honoring our brave First Responders!  They are bringing a thank you card and a lot of (healthy!) goodies to one of our local stations to tell the first responders how much they appreciate all the hard work they do to keep us safe.

I was honored to make the card for this venture, and of course, I thought LAWN FAWN to the rescue!  Let's see what I was able to pull together:

I used several Lawn Fawn Critters stamp sets for the critters:Critters in the Burbs for the squirrel, bunny, kitty and doggie; and Critters in the Forest for the pine trees and owl.

I also used Lawn Fawn's Happy Haunting for the house, Bon Voyage for the clouds, and Quinns ABCs and Quinns 123s for the sentiment.   

I stamped out all the images with Memento Black Tuxedo ink on X-Press Blend It white paper, colored them, and fussy cut them.  I stamped out the letters on colored textured cardstock and fussy cut them out too.  I also added some stickles to the "1st" part of the sentiment and the clouds, and crystal effects to the windows of the house:

The house stamp from Happy Haunting was so much fun to color!  It is designed so that it can be SPOOKY or NON-SCARY by the way it is colored.  I kept is plain and simple - which makes it perfect for a normal house, which is perfect for this scene.

I used some Lawn Fawn paper from the Bright Side collection for the ground - I free-hand cut a slope and layered another hill behind it to give it some depth.  I used some distress ink to add a little dimension to the hill edges too.

I layered everything up, and popped-up some of the critters, like this owl:

I added some white gel pen dashes around the edges of the card to help frame the scene as well.

And, I attempted an INSIDE of the card component.  Still working on what to do inside there, but since I knew that all of Guy's students would be signing the card, I wanted something to help frame an additional sentiment.  I used Lawn Fawn's Schoolhouse Backdrops and added in a line across the card, and used Bright Side Alphabet Stickers to spell out the sentiments.  Here is the inside:


I also added a little sparkly pen around "wcc comm club" to add a little pizzazz.

THANK YOU so much our First Responders - and I'm especially proud of Melisa for organizing this, and of Guy for supporting this with his club.  You are all the best!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment