Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mickey Mummies (11/07/2012)

Today's creation is EDIBLE :)  Totally not any paper crafting at all ... let's check it out.  I signed up to bring treats for a group I am involved in, for our meeting which happened to fall on Halloween (my FAVORITE Holiday, if you are keeping score!), and just had to combine my love of Mickey Mouse and Disney, with cupcakes and halloween. So, I decided to make Mickey Mouse Mummy Cupcakes!

Pretty easy-peasy.  I made standard cupcakes and frosted them with white buttercream.  Then, I rolled out some marshmallows in powdered sugar and flattened them, then cut them into strips.  I created ears with mini peppermint patties and eyes with black jellybeans.  After laying out the ears and eyes, I layered marshmallow strips across the cupcake, and instantly had Mickey Mummy cupcakes!  FUN!

Here is a closeup:


And, by the way, my class LOVED the cupcakes :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment