Friday, November 9, 2012

Butterfly Believe Card Swap (11/09/2012)

Today's card was not just ONE card ... oh no, there are TWENTY-FIVE of these!  I am attending my very first card swap ever, at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Seattle, and  this is the card I created for it:

I wanted to do something using Lawn Fawn, so I decided to make this sweet little butterfly from the Flutter By set, and used one of the sentiments from that set too.  I got white card bases and envelopes from a big box store, then layered the rest onto the card base.  I embossed a white cardstock panel with the D'Vine cuttlebug embossing folder.  I then cut a strip of patterned paper and punched it with the Fiskars Double Bubble border punch.  I rounded the corners of both the white cardstock panel and the patterned paper strip, and layered and adhered them onto the card.

I stamped out the butterfly on white paper with versamark ink and heat embossed it in white embossing powder.  Then, I colored the butterfly with Stampin' Up markers and then used a wet paint brush to give the butterfly a water-color effect.  After it dried, I fussy cut out the butterfly and adhered it to the card.  I used Lawn Fawn's dashed stamp from Gnome Sweet Gnome to give the butterfly a trail. 

Here is a close-up of the butterfly with glitter:


For the sentiment, I stamped the hexagon shape from Interlocking Backdrops onto plain, colored cardstock. with versamark ink to create a subtle pattern.  Then, I stamped the Flutter By sentiment onto the paper.  I cut out the sentiment strip, then stamped a stripe and stitch from Lawn Fawn's Belinda's Borders for additional framing and texture, trimmed a banner/ribbon end, and adhered it to the card.

A few dollops of glitter glue on the butterfly body and on the dots above the "i" in the sentiment, and I was done.  Now, repeat 24 more times :)

Here is a close-up of the glitter dotting the "i"s:


All in all, this was fun, and I am looking forward to sharing my love of Lawn Fawn with 24 of my newest crafting friends, and seeing all of their creations!  Gonna be a great time :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment