Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Z-Fold Birthday Card (08/22/2012)

Today's card is scraplifted from a class I took at the Puyallup Scrapbook Expo.  I took a fabulous class, called "Fabulous Folds" by the incredible Melissa of The Rubber Cafe.  Melissa had us do a card with a Z-fold, two square diecuts, and a large colored rose stamp. 

Here is the card that I made recently, based on what Melissa taught us:

It is kinda hard to tell that the black label is repeated on the front of the card, and the inside.  So, I took another photo to help highlight that.  Here is a different view:


The card base is 6" x 11-1/2" and scored in the middle.  I also scored the front flap at the halfway mark, and folded the right side back over the left side to make the Z fold shape. 

I adhered the black label die inside the card, then aligned the second black label die over the flap on the front so that the two black labels were in (practically) perfect alignment when the card was closed. 

I stamped a rose, using two of Melissa's designs, Wild Rose and Rose Garden, and colored them with Copics.  I fussy cut them, and layered the images and popped up the center of the rose.  Then, a little Scrap Happy Glue and some glitter later, I had some bling!

I made this card for my cousin's Birthday - I made it without a sentiment, but hopefully birthday wishes were still shared!  Happy Birthday Vicki!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment