Friday, August 17, 2012

Glitter Fest! (08/17/2012)

A while ago I went to the Puyallup Scrapbook Expo, and hung out at the Sprinkle N Sparkle booth for a bit and was intrigued by all the glitter!  So, I had to try it.  Let's say HEY shall we?

And, I also made a shaped card using a Spellbinders die.  I cut and scored a card base, then laid the die on top of the card base, but pushed it a little off the folded edge so it wouldn't cut there.

I wanted to use the card base as the "frame" for the glitter panel, so I cut out a recentangular piece of white paper and laid a rectangle of adhesive sheet on it.  Then, I ran it through my Cuttlebug to create a shaped piece of cardstock covered with adhesive.

Once I had my shape cut out, I peeled off parts of the top layer of adhesive and laid down strips of the adhesive covering that I had punched out, and sprinkled glitter on the exposed parts.  I kept revealing more sections of the adhesed cardstock until it was all covered in glitter.  I used several different colors - and just did all sorts of random shapes.  No rhyme or reason to it - I just wanted to hone in on the technique and give it a whirl.

I really like how it turned out - and it was pretty darn easy!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment