Friday, August 24, 2012

Quick "Scrap" Card (08/24/2012)

Sometimes ya just need a card quick - and I decided to use some scraps.  My scrap bags are getting too cumbersome, so I figured this was a way to combat it.  This is what I pulled out of the scrap bag and committed to use: 



I picked some lavendar today, and needed to make a little card to send along with the lavendar bouquet.  I pulled out some scraps.  The black piece was a piece of cardstock that I cut out a label with my die cutter.  I realized that the negative space would make a great card base, so I used that as my foundation.

I ended up cutting the purple paper and filled in the negative label space on the card base.  I layered up the flowers and leaf, and stamped a sentiment (using a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's You've Got Mail) and matted and cut it.  Here is what I ended up with:

Pretty easy, and a great way to use up some scraps.  I like that it was a fast way of making a card too.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment