Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bunny Cake Birthday Card (08/29/2012)

What do bunnies and cakes have in common?  They help wish a Happy Birthday to the birthday girl .... Of course, everybody needs a bunny cake!  Let's see one:


I made a birthday card for a friend, who loves bunnies.  I thought it would be fun to have the bunny popping out of the cake and be on top of the cake instead of candles.  So, I pulled out some pretty patterned paper from my stash, and got crackin' on stamping out some Lawn Fawn birthday cake from the Bake Me a Cake stamp set.  I used the bunny from Critters in the 'Burbs.  I stamped out a banner from Bannerific, and stamped the sentiment on the banner from Sophie's Sentiments.    

I used a card base from a pack of cards I got at a big box store, but layered a card panel in blue from my stash.  The patterned birthday cake paper is from my stash too.  I cut out a label with Spellbinders Label 16 (a favorite!) and matted it in black.  I tied a piece of Lawn Fawn Lawn Trimming cord from the Vivid Triple Pack Cord set.  I don't like ribbons or cords stretched across the inside of my card, so I made the panel with matted label and image as a unit, tied the cord around it, tied a bow, then adhered the whole thing down onto the card base.  This way, the cord doesn't wrap around through the inside of the card.

I think Kelly will like this, cuz she loves bunnies.  Here's wishing her a happy birthday!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment