Monday, August 6, 2012

An Under the Sea Card for my Mommy! (08/06/2012)

Today's card is for my Mommy!  My Mommy loves dolphins, and she is so supportive of me (these things probably aren't related...) and I wanted to make her a card just to say Hey!  So, this is what I made:

This card was fun to make, and very different for me.  It is a card that flips open, like a messenger bag, and then has two gates that open to get to the inside of the card.  There are lots of spaces to fill with images and/or sentiments, plus a space to write something.  It was made from one full sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" paper as the card base.  Here is the card with the first part flipped up:

After the gates open, this is what is inside:

Here is a photo farther away, to show the card all folded open:

I used Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Sea and Grand Greetings for this card.  I knew I wanted to do a dolphin and sea theme, but needed some coordinating paper to go with the card base and images.  The Close To My Heart paper pack was just exactly what I needed - and I had purchased the paper pack at the Puyallup Scrapbook Expo when I visited there recently.  I can't remember the name of the card pack, but it was perfect! 

Here is a close up of the dolphin - and notice the little bit o' glittery bling that I traced inside the outine of the dolphin for extra pizazz:

And,I had to add a little glittery bling on the turtle too:

I used patterned paper from my stash for the critters.  And, I used Spellbinders dies to make the beaded oval shapes.  Here is how I inked the larger oval, after cutting and dry embossing it:

Back to the card itself ... I made the card based on an idea I scraplifted from the fine ladies at Sparkle N Sprinkle's blog.  Check out their post with directions here.  At first I was intimidated by the volume of the directions, but after I re-read them, it seemed pretty do-able.  All-in-all, this was pretty fun and easy to do.  I really like how it turned out and I hope my wonderful Mommy enjoys this card just saying hello and sending love.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment