Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mickey Thank You (08/15/2012)

You just gotta meet today's card!  But, before we do - here is a hint:  M-I-C ... K-E-Y ... do you know what it is?  Yep, a MICKEY MOUSE Thank You card!  Woo hoo - let's say HOWDY shall we?

I needed to make a Thank You card with a Disney theme (I just had to!).  I used a card base from a set I got at a big box store, and used two different Disney patterned paper.  I created a card panel with a patterned paper with lots of little Mickeys.  I cut out a Mickey Mouse close up from another Disney patterned paper, and matted it with black.  I needed to frame my sentiment, so I pulled out my current FAVORITE Spellbinders die (Reverse Wonky Rectangles), stamped my sentiment, die cut it out and cut out a larger one to frame it.

I used some Antique Linen distress ink to ink the sentiment and the edges of the card.  This helped soften and highlight both.

Then, just to add a little more texture and movement, I slapped on a strip of Disney washi tape across the base.  I adhered everything on, and had my Disney Thank You card.

I am really happy with how it turned out, and I hope Nyla enjoys it and knows how much I appreciate her!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment