Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pots, Paints and Plants, Oh My! (05/30/2012)

Today's project didn't have ANY paper in it at all ... but it had bright colors, stamps, embossing powder, and plants :)  Here it is:


My Mommy sent me a beautiful potted plant assortment for my birthday, but in a pot without drain holes, and kinda ornately-ugly (not her choice I'm sure!).  Anyhoo, it has been on my to-do list for a very long time to repot the plants.  And, since one of them was an African Violet, I wanted to put that in its own pot, with the other plants in a second pot. 

So, the other day I bought two clay pots with saucers and acrylic paint.  I got a glittery purple and a bright yellow (sorry Cougs, I didn't think this through ...).  I painted each pot - but didn't realize until I had done the first coat on the purple one that the glittery purple paint is really designed to go over an already existing color, because it isn't an opaque paint - it is pretty translucent with sparklies.  Oh well, it is still kinda cool.

After I painted them and let them dry, I pulled out my Lawn Fawn Judy's Blooms and used versa mark ink to stamp a flower repeatedly, tossed on some white embossing powder and then heat gun them until they were shiny :)

Dumped in some dirt, re-potted the plants, and I have a complete project!  Now, just gotta bring them back to my office!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment