Monday, May 28, 2012

We Did It! (05/28/2012)

I get excited thinking about this ... meet today's scrapbook page:


I recently started RUNNING, and this was my FIRST-ever running event.  Guy and I did the Disney Princess Half-Marathon at Walt Disney World in February, 2012.  It was AMAZING!

I never in a million years thought I could actually do a half-marathon, and I do have to confess ... I didn't run the whole thing - I ran a mile, walked a mile, ran a mile, etc.  But, my next running goal is to actually RUN a whole Half-Marathon!

Anyhoo, back to the scrapbook page - we had a challenge at our monthly crop to incorporate circles, so I cut out my photos and some embellishments with my trusty circle and scalloped circle die cuts. I also needed something "crown" like.  So, I die cut (using Stampadoodle's snowflake die) out a big circle-ish thing, and created "jewels" to make it like a tiara or crown, fit for a Princess!


I used my Creative Memories oval cutters to cut out some small blue cardstock ovals, and then covered them almost to the edge with some Crystal Stickles.  I also punched out some blue cardstock holes, and stickled them as well.  After they dried, I adhered them where I wanted them.

I also used Lawn Fawn's Claires ABCs to spell out my sentiment: "We Did It!" and used some Lawn Fawn Triple Pack Cord to hang the bannered words from.

 
I highly recommend the Disney Princess Half-Marathon ... it was so much fun!  There are princesses everywhere, and a very fun and festive event.  I had a really good time, and this page makes me happy because it reminds me of all the fun we had that day :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Now that I can comment, somebody stop me! I love this page because I can see the sense of accomplishment on your face. It's so whimsical and so YOU! You are fearless!!

    ReplyDelete