Friday, May 4, 2012

An Anniversary Card for An Anniversary! (05/04/2012)

Today is Guy's and my anniversary ... so let's meet today's card shall we?

Now, before you get all squishy and think that I made this card for Guy - I have to sheepishly admit that no, this card is not from me to him ... I made this card for his parent's anniversary last week - but I thought it would be a nice homage to post it on OUR anniversary :)  So, here it is!



I used Flutter By by Lawn Fawn (I LOVE this set - happy flowers, cute butter flies, leaves, wonderful sentiments, oh my!).  And of course, I used Bright Side Collection paper set and the Petite Paper Pack for the patterned paper.

I stamped out a ton of flowers, leaves and some butterflies with Versa Mark on white cardstock.  I added white embossing powder, and a little heat gun later, I had some wonderfully white embossed images on white paper.  Then, I used my years-old Stampin' Up water-based markers and colored in the images.  To finish these off, I dipped my trusty brush into water and swirled around the water over the colored-in images to soften and "water color" the ink.  A little time went by to let everything dry, then I spent some time fussy cutting out each flower, leaf, butterfly, etc.  Here is a closeup of the flowers and leaves:



I made this card from a full 8-1/2X11 sheet of kraft cardstock.  I trimmed the "stem patterned" paper from the Bright Sides Collection into a panel and adhered that at the bottom.  I die cut out the sentiment frame from a sheet of orange floral paper from the Petite Paper Pack.  I used Claire's ABCs to stamp out the sentiment.  Finished adhering everything together, added some cute butterflies for movement, gave one a trail, and I had a fun and beautiful card to celebrate an anniversary! I also made an envelope to fit from a soft-green patterned paper in my stash.  Pulled out my trusty Martha Stewart score board to make the envelope to the exact size I needed since this was an oversized card.  Pretty cool!  You can see the envelope in the first photo - it is underneath the card.

I hope the happy couple enjoy their card - and Happy Anniversary to me & Guy too :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment