Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Inspirational Hello (05/16/2012)

Hi, let's say HEY to today's card:


This little card was to tell a very good friend of mine how very proud I am of her.  She inspires me in so many ways - and I wanted to tell her that.  I used my favorite Lawn Fawn stuff, especially Flutter By and Fanciful Frames.

I stamped out flowers, leaves and butterflies with versamark on white paper, and used white embossing powder.  A little heat-gun action later, I had some white-on-white images.  I used my ol' trusty Stampin' Up markers to color them, then water-colored them to soften them, with a wet paint brush.  After a little bit o' drying time, I fussy cut them out.

I stamped the frame on patterned paper, using Lawn Fawn's Bright Side Collection Kit, and then fussy cut it out as well.  I repeated Kelly Marie's tip (she is the owner of Lawn Fawn) to do a second-generation stamp of the frame and cut it out to use as the "background" of the framed image.  This really helped me line up where the frame would be, and layered my images on top of it.  I also used some Distress Ink to color the inside/back of the frame to offset the flowers a bit.  After I figured out where I wanted the flowers and leaves, I stamped the sentiment and then adhered the flowers, and the frame.

I added a little bit of Martha Stewart glitter glue to a flower for a little extra oomph, and tossed on a butterfly and did a white gel pen flutter trail. 


Here is close up of the butter fly and trail:

I am so very proud of my buddy Cheryl, and hope this helps tell her.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment