Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mikey's Birthday (05/23/2012)

Hee hee, here is another attempt at a masculine birthday card:


This card is for my brother's birthday.  He is very outdoorsy, and I wanted to make him a little something to acknowledge that, and be masculine at the same time.  I envisioned Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Forest (yay!) and even drew a sketch to capture my vision  I am starting to do this a little bit more .... it is quite helpful!  And, this is probably the first time ever that my final card looks a lot like the sketch design idea!  Yay!  Here is the sketch that I made a day before ....


I paper pieced pretty much everything.  I used Lawn Fawn's Bright Side Collections Petite Paper Pack for the sloped ground and pine trees. I also used plain card stock for most of the other parts - I didn't use any markers at all ... I did this all with paper and fussy cutting.  Although, I did use some Distress Ink on the grass border (punched with a Fiskars punch) because I needed to darken the green cardstock a tad.

Then, I topped it off with Lawn Fawn's Grand Greetings for the sentiment.  I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I used Lawn Fawn's Critters Ever After and stamped "may all your dreams come true" from that set.

I hope Mike likes his card - he is a great big brother :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment