Wednesday, April 25, 2012

You Inspire Me (04/25/2012)

If you are looking for Shannon My-O's Birthday Blog Hop, click HERE or scroll down....


Today's card makes me happy!  Let's say hello shall we?

Sorry - I can't figure out how to rotate the photo ... and I took it landscaped, so who knows what is going on!


I was inspired (hee hee, get it!) from a Lawn Fawn blog post.  I stamped flowers, leaves and butterflies from the Lawn Fawn Flutter By stamp set, and embossed them in white on white paper.  I then colored them with assorted Stampin' Up markers and "water colored" them by swirling a wet paint brush over the markers.  Then, I fussy cut up a storm :)

I have never worked with acetate before, and wasn't quite sure what to do.  But, I ended up creating a card that is 6" wide, and 5" tall.  I cut a piece of acrylic 6" square.  I scored it at 1" and then used my bone folder to get a crisp fold.  I also cut a piece of white paper to make the "back" of the card, at the same 6" wide x 5" height.  I adhered the one inch tab of the acrylic "front" sheet to the back of the "back" of the card. 

I die cut a circle with my Spellbinders and Cuttlebug, and dry embossed the edges of the circle.  I stamped the sentiment in the middle of the circle, and then left the die on the circle and used Spun Sugar Distress Ink and my trusty dauber and edged the circle, but left the "outer edge" crisp clean white.  Here is a bit of a closeup of the sentiment circle with the shading:


After adhering the circle with sentiment inside the card, I layered the flowers, leaves & butterflies on the acrylic to surround the sentiment, and adhered them.

This was tons of fun to make - and I really like the watercolor technique.  It was pretty easy to do - but there is a lot of cutting....

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!



Chris

1 comment:

  1. Chris, Very Beautiful!!!I love it!You should enter it into a challenge!It's a Winner!TFS
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete