Monday, April 2, 2012

Hello (04/02/2012)

I am so excited about today's card.  So, let's get right down to it shall we?  I had a fabulous experience with Disney Institute leadership training, and our facilitator (Alicia) was so amazing, that I had to make and send her a Thank You card.  Here is the card I made for her:



I saw the "cut and curl" technique on a recent Lawn Fawn blog post, and immediately fell in love with its simplicity and coolness.  So, I tried that here ... (I don't have the ONE Lawn Fawn set that was used on the blog, so I had to use some Technique Tuesday flowers).

I made a card from pink cardstock, then cut another panel slightly smaller than the front of the card.  On that panel, I stamped and masked the flowers, then cut out the tips and edges of the petals and curled them over a paintbrush and pen to curl the petal edges, and stamped the sentiment.  I then adhered the panel onto the card, adhered some rhinestones and had a card!

I used Lawn Fawn's Many Thanks and stamped "Thanks for being so thoughtful" on the inside.

This little card isn't big enough to fully contain my appreciation for Alicia and for the Disney Institute training, but at least it is a small token of it.  If you ever get a chance, attend a Disney Institute training, you won't regret it!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment