Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Speedy Recovery! (04/04/2012)

This is today's card ... still using the "cut & curl" technique I saw on a recent Lawn Fawn blog



I  needed to make a Get Well soon kinda card for my Aunt who recently had hip replacement surgery.  She is a trooper, but I wanted to make her a little cute card to let her know I was thinking of her.  I came up with this, using the idea inspired by the Lawn Fawn blog mentioned above.

I made a card from green cardstock, then cut another panel of green slightly smaller than the front of the card.  I used my absolutely favorite company, Lawn Fawn's Blissful Botanicals and stamped (and masked) some leaves.  I cut and curled some of the leaves for dimension, stamped a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's fun On the Mend stamp set and adhered it to the front of the card.  I needed to fill some of the blank space, so I stamped some butterflies on patterned paper and fussy cut them out, curled them for dimension as well, and adhered them to the card, and added some rhinestones and "flutter trails" for good measure.

Here's wishing you are feeling better Aunt Shirley!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment