Friday, April 13, 2012

Flamingo Hello! (04/13/2012)

Hee hee!  I got a NEW shipment of Lawn Fawn stamps ... and I had to give their new paper and two of the sets a whirl.  Check out today's card:



I was INSPIRED by Chari's card on the Lawn Fawn blog.  This is one of the many things I love about the paper crafting community - we love to share and inspire others :)

For this card, I paper pieced the flamingos (and did one a mirror image) from the Gnome Sweet Gnome set, which is utterly adorable!  The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's new Grand Greetings set.  I used paper from the Bright Sides Collection kit for the flamingo bodies, and a piece of orange from their Petite Paper Pack.  I LOVE their new stuff!  (And of course all their old stuff too!)

I tried a different technique to do the mirror (or reverse) image. I adhered a larger clear stamp UPSIDE DOWN on a clear block, and then stamped the flamingo onto the "back" of the larger clear stamp, then used that to stamp the flamingo onto the paper.  It worked fairly well - but I am still looking for the perfect image transfer device :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment