Friday, January 20, 2017

You're The Best Mom Card [#03/52] {01.20.2017}

I made a quick, one layer card for my Mommy. I used a stamp set that had some fun flower and filigree type images. I stamped them out with multiple inks. Here is the card.

I don't always do a one-layer card, but this one seemed like a fun challenge. First of all, I wanted to highlight the sentiment. I die cut a shape from masking paper. I stamped the sentiment, then covered the sentiment with the masking paper. To make the outer edges a little more bold, I used my ink blending tool and blended distress ink around the edges of the mask. Then, I pulled off the release paper and started stamping different shapes in different colors. This is what I ended up with.

I enjoyed making a one-layer card and might have to try this again!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute idea. Doing the masking with the sentiment makes it look like it is layered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is darling, Chris! Such sweetness and beautiful colors! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete