Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle's Eastery Chicky {01.25.2017}

Happy Day! This post is also appearing on Sparkle N Sprinkle's NEW blog today! Check out my FUN and SPARKLY chick! I used one of the TEN new January stamp sets released, the Easter Chicky. I am all things cute and adorable, and I love this stamp set. This chick gets me every time I look at it! It looks so happy and fun. Here is the card.

Using a stamp positioner, I stamped out the Easter Chickey in black ink, then stamped it again with Versamark Ink Pad and then sprinkled on Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. Then, I die cut the chick image with an oval die cut. I stamped out a second image as well so I could do some fussy cutting on one of them to cut out the egg pieces. I colored the images with markers. Then, the magic started! I whipped out my bottle of Brushable Glue and squeezed out a dollap onto my craft mat. I used a small brush to paint on glue to the areas I wanted to adhere glitters. I started with the chick. I painted most of the body area, but not all of it. I still wanted the lines and details to show. I sprinkled Mimosa Sparkle N Soft onto the wet glue, and gave it just a teeny bit of pressure to help squish the Sparkle N Soft into the glue. I let it dry a bit, then dumped off the rest. I brushed glue onto the fussy cut egg bits, and used Ocean glitter on those pieces. Once the egg pieces dried, I mounted them with foam tape and adhered them to the chick image. Here is a close up photo of the chick and cracked egg.

I used my Versamark Ink Pad again, and stamped up the sentiment. I stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock I had colored with pink markers. I sprinkled on White Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I die cut it into an oval shape, and then squeezed on some Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops. I thought this made it look more like a fun decorated egg!


I created the background and oval mat layers and added more glitter! To make the blue/green background, I cut a card panel and then layered two strips of 2-1/2" Double sided "Tear-ific" Tape on the panel, and overlapped the tape strips a teeny bit to keep a gap from showing. Once I had the panel completely covered with tape, I did the "Kiss" technique. I ran it through my die cutting machine with a background die. I pulled away the release tape from the negative pieces of the die cut. Once I had the adhesive revealed, I sprinkled on and burnished in Margarita glitter. After this, I removed the release paper from the positive image, and then sprinkled on and burnished in Ocean glitter. My background was done! I also repeated the same process of covering a card panel with the 2-1/2" Double sided "Tear-ific" Tape and die cut it with an ornate oval die. I removed the release paper from the negative images and sprinkled on and burnished in Bridal glitter. I removed the positive parts, and sprinkled on and burnished in Raspberry Soda glitter. I repeated this process once again, and cut a smaller oval shape and sprinkled on and burnished in Bubblegum glitter. I layered these all up, with the chick/egg image on top!

This was a fun card to create and it makes me yearn even more for spring ... every day it gets closer! I hope you enjoy this Easter Chicky stamp set - it sure is fun!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris 

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. Love your eggstra-sparkly chick card! Lots of fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkly and adorable, Chris! I love all the happiness in your dear card, and the fun sentiment is just perfect! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete