Friday, January 6, 2017

Mom Card [#1/52] Beautiful Day card {01.06.2017}

My Mom LOVES getting mail - she checks her mail box every day and stresses out if she isn't home when the mail should arrive. And, since she loves mail so much and I make cards, I have given myself the challenge to make and send her a card each week during 2017! This is CARD #1 of 52 ... I can do this! Let's check out the FIRST of many cards.

I stamped out a background stamp from Hero Arts with Versamark Ink and sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail embossing powder and heat set it. Then, I pulled out my distress inks, and started blending! I blended on 3 blue distress inks over the white embossing powder. The white embossing powder resists the ink and stays white while the paper below it gets colored by the ink. After I blended on the inks, I used a dry paper towel to wipe up any remaining ink sitting on top of the embossing powder. This makes the white a BRIGHT WHITE.

I also stamped out a sentiment on a strip of black cardstock, and heat set more White Detail embossing powder. Then, I laid a strip down of 1" Double sided Tear-ific Tape from Sparkle N Sprinkle and adhered the sentiment strip over the tape. This left the teeniest little edge of adhesive remaining on the top and bottom, and I dusted on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Priceless Peacock glitter to the remaining adhesive. This framed the sentiment really well!!

I also stamped out the inside on a panel. I stamped another sentiment and one of the flowers and heat set them with White Detail embossing powder and then blended in some blue distress ink over them to make them pop a bit more. I also blended the edges of the panel.

My Momma lives several thousand miles away from me. However, I do get to see my parents during the winter holidays. Here is my Mommy, walking past a petting zoo friend, at our visit to the Zoo when we saw each other over the holidays. She is always game for an adventure!

I hope my Mom likes this card, and the future cards ... we do stay in touch via phone, texting, and emails, but getting cards in the mail is a HUGE highlight! Mom - I hope this card helped show you have much I love and miss you!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to do for your Mom. I'm sure she'll love this. The white embossing really pops off the card with the resist technique. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card for your Mom and I can relate too, I get my mail and won't let my husband as it is the highlight of my day...I do give HIM all the bills though...lol!!

    ReplyDelete