Monday, January 23, 2017

Dino-Mite Birthday Card {01.23.2017}

I have a sweet and easy birthday card to share with you today. Here it is!

I copied a technique I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog (but can't find the actual post right now, sorry!). I followed her lead. I stamped my image, the dinosaur from Lawn Fawn's Critters from the Past. I then stamped the dino on a post-it note, and fussy cut it to create a mask. I covered my dino with the post-it mask, and then started on the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment in black ink underneath the dinosaur, using a stamp positioner. Then, I moved the card about 1/2" and then stamped the sentiment again, in green ink. I repeated this over and over, both below and above the black-ink sentiment. I stamped the sentiment until I felt like it was enough. There is no rhyme or reason about this, I could have done only a few, but it felt right to stamp the sentiment quite a bit. Once I had stamped out the sentiments, I removed the mask and revealed the dinosaur :) I also stamped the dinosaur tracks along the edge of the card, and a little "rawr" to make it even more fun!

I also stamped out the inside of the card. I stamped more images from the Critters from the Past set, and a Happy sentiment from AltENew's Halftone Happy Stamp Set.

I hope my friend likes his dinosaur birthday card. It is something that I might have to make more of because it is really easy to replicate. The stamp positioner makes this really easy!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment: