Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Cattelya Orchid card {01.11.2017}

Howdy! This post is appearing on Sparkle N Sprinkle's blog today, and is also appearing here on my blog today. I love orchids, and when I saw this new Cattleya Orchid Friendship stamp set, from Sparkle N Sprinkle in their January release of TEN new stamp sets, I got super excited! I love orchids, and made a card with orchids today. Here it is.

I stamped out the Cattelya orchid and then die cut it into a circle. I colored the orchids and then added some glitter! I rolled out some adhesive with my Nuvo Glue Pen Fine and then sprinkled on glitters. I sprinkled on Misty Isles glitter to the stems and leaves, and Lacy Lilac to the orchids.

I love little drops on the edges. I think it punches up the card a teeny bit. I squeezed out three drops on the edge of the circle, using White Blizzard Nuvo Glitter Drops. Then, I sprinkled on some more Lacy Lilac glitter over the drops. This made custom drops that perfectly matched the orchid glitter!

I stamped out the sentiment with Versamark Ink Pad and sprinkled on Royal Purple embossing powder, onto vellum, and heat set it. I trimmed the vellum into a strip. Then, I swiped the Nuvo Glue Pen Large onto the edges, and sprinkled on more Royal Purple embossing powder to the edges and heat set the embossing powder. I attached it to the card panel.

To finish off the card, I stamped out the orchid image onto my background panel. I stamped it multiple times in light pink ink. Then, I ran the background panel through my Cuttlebug in an embossing folder. I layered all these together and finished off my card.

This new stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle is gorgeous! I know you will love it :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!
-Chris

1 comment:

  1. ooooooh! How lover-ly! Fantastic coloring, shading and sparkle, Chris! Such a beautiful image, isn't it? Hoping your week is a wonderful week! huggers, de

    ReplyDelete