Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Victorian Camille at Christmas {09.27.2017}

Hi Sparkle & Sprinkle Designer Chris with another Sparkle N Sprinkle September reveal card! It is starting to look like Christmas ... Let's check out the card I made using the Victorian Camille at Christmas digi stamp, expertly colored by our very own Anne Temple! THANKS Anne for this amazing coloring!

One of the amazing features about the Sparkle N Sprinkle digi stamps is that there are the "non-colored" options and the "pre-colored" options. I opted to use the pre-colored option (thanks again, Anne!). I sized out the image on my computer, then printed it onto white cardstock. I partially die cut out the image using Tonic Studios Scalloped Square Layering Basics Die. I used the Nuvo Glue Pen Fine tip to roll on some adhesive to specific areas on the image. I sprinkled on Gypsy Red glitter to the holly berries, Elegant Emerald to the holly leaves, Celestial glitter to her hair, Margarita glitter to her eyes, and Waterfall glitter to her ruffles and hat.

I used Tonic Studios 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine and cut down a piece of blue cardstock into a square. I dry embossed it using the Tonic Studios Filigree Affections Idyllics Dies Embossing Folder. I then used my finger tool to rub on some Pure Platinum mousse and Pacific Teal mousse, in random spots over the embossed image. Then I adhered it onto a red cardstock panel. I lined the seam edge with 1/8" Tear-ific Tape, pulled off the release top layer, and then sprinkled on and burnished in Sparkling Snow glitter. This gave a fun and sparkly edge to my card.

I added in a new die set, Tonic Studios Buttercup Sunburst Window Box Die Set. This die is really fun - it adds "flaps" or "wings" to the card, that create a base or stand that allows the card to stand upright. And, they are tabs and insert into the card and each other, and can be folded flat for mailing! Perfect and amazing design. I die cut blue cardstock with this window box die set, and also ran it through the Filigree Affections Idyllics Dies Embossing Folder. I also added on some more Pure Platinum mousse and Pacific Teal mousse, to the cardstock. I also die cut some red cardstock with the window box die. I adhered the window box flaps to the back of the card with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive, and shaped these across the front of the card. This photo helps show the dimension of the window box flaps. They really pop out across the top and are amazing!

Okay, just had to add in this photo too, which shows Camille in her full glory. I love how the sun is coming up over the back of the photo and the sun streaks! So cool!!!

This image is stunning, and I love how Anne colored the digi image. I enhanced the colors with the glitters and added in those fun embellishment mousse. Overall, this card makes me feel happy about the upcoming winter season, and I am looking forward to using this image a lot for the holidays! I know you will love her too!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, love the fancy die cut and that digital is gorgeous with it..another stunner my friend!!

    ReplyDelete