Saturday, September 30, 2017

Be Kind Card for Mom (#39/52) {09.29.2017}

Hello! Today's card for my Mom is a wonderful reminder about being kind. I bought this The Crafter's Workshop Balzer Designs Mini Lotus Blossom stencil a while ago, and keep meaning to use it. It has sat in a pile on my craft desk. I have had one heck of a busy and stressful week, and needed to make a pretty quick card for my dear, wonderful Mom. Add those two things together, and viola, this is what happened! I used my Tonic Studio 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine to cut a piece of kraft cardstock to 4.25" x 11", scored it in the middle, and folded it over and smoothed it with my bone folder. I laid down my stencil, and blended some distress ink through the opening to color the lotus flower. I concentrated most of the ink towards the center of the flower, and lightened it as the petals went out. Here is what the card looked like.

I stamped out my sentiment, using Taylored Expressions Wonderful World stamp set. I lined up my card in my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, positioned my stamp where I wanted it to be, and inked up the stamp with Versamark Ink. I sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail embossing powder and heat set it. Then, to add a bit more fun to it, I spritzed on Dylusions London Blue and Fresh Lime ink sprays. This gave just a little bit extra oomph and helped fill some white space.

This card came together pretty fast, which is exactly what I needed. And, the sentiment was perfect too, since this week was stressful. It is a great reminder to always be kind. I love this hobby because it really does help us be kind to one another. More kindness is never a bad thing!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. Simply beautiful Chris, I love every perfect detail of it...have a happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete