Sunday, July 19, 2015

Thanks Coach For Your Support! (07/19/2015)

Today's card is a sweet little card that I made for my Coaches and Mentors for my Triathlon training group. We have been training for the last five months, six days a week, and we have come so far. It was so much fun, and I wanted my Coaches and Mentors to know how much I appreciate their hard work, advice, friendship, guidance, and support during our training, and recent race. Here is the card I made for each of them:

I scraplifted this idea from Sandy Allnock's Magical Monday video. I used Lawn Fawn's Life is Good stamp set and dies. I did a lot of masking on this card. I stamped out all the images on post it note paper, first to create masks. My plan was to stamp each image on the card panel, then masked it so I could stamp the next image. I adapted Sandy's image a bit, but I was intrigued about the way she hung the hammock between the two buildings. I wanted to thank my Coaches and Mentors for their support, so this seemed fitting. I adapted Sandy's idea and hung the hammock between two trees. To do this, I first stamped out the crab, masked him, then stamped the hammock underneath him. I also stamped the ground twice. After that, I masked the ground and stamped a tree on either side of the hammock ends. While the ground was still masked, I added in the castle. It was really fun to do this! I love the scene that came about with the masking.

After stamping everything, I colored the images with Copic markers. After coloring the images, I covered the crab and hearts with a Wink of Stella Clear shimmer pen, and then covered the crab with a glossy clear glue to add dimension and shine. Here is a picture of the sweet little crab on his hammock.

The trees and castle were fun to color too.
The sand was fun to color too. I colored it with a few colors of Copic markers, then came in and dotted the sand a little bit with darker browns to get some texture. After coloring the entire image on a card panel, I cut out the image using one of Lawn Fawn's Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables and Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies. I also cut out a black cardstock frame with the next largest size of the rectangle dies as well, and layered these together on top of a card base.
I carried the these into the inside of the card. I used some Lawn Fawn stamps to create the sentiment inside "Thanks for your support" using several sets, including Clark's ABCs to spell out "support."
 Here is a closeup of the sentiment, including the stitched rectangle lines too.

I have the best team in the world. Here are my teammates, coaches and mentors getting ready for the Triathlon. It was a fabulous day. Thanks Coaches and Mentors for everything!
 Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment