Friday, July 10, 2015

SNS Red-Nosed Reindeer (07/10/2015)


I'm so excited to be part of the SNS team and share their amazing stamps and products. Today's card, which is also on the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog, uses the Reindeer Stamp Set 722 and Tree Scene Stamp Set 723, which were just revealed on July 1st. They are really fun stamps. Let's check out the red-nosed reindeer and his girlfriend.


I stamped the deer on white cardstock, then fussy cut them out. I also colored them with Copic markers, then brushed on Brushable Glue (540) and then adhered the deer bodies with Buff Flocking (FL109). I used Twinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft (SS107) for the white parts on their chest and neck. Here is a closer view of the flocking.


The Buff Flocking (FL109) really made the deer bodies pop! It was just perfect - it had texture and depth, and was soft and fuzzy. Here is another photo a bit more close up to show how awesome it was!


I decided to make the reindeer antlers sparkly too, so after coloring the antlers with Copic markers, I used the Brushable Glue (540) and adhered Autumn Medley G1013 to the antlers, which was the perfect color and sparkle to highlight the antlers. And, the red-nose reindeer was made using the Cherry Sparkle Sparkle N Soft (SS100).


I wanted a bow to put on the doe, so I created the bow with 1/8" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT02) and Cherry Sparkle Sparkle N Soft (SS100). I tore a strip of Tear-ific Tape, about 8 inches long, and peeled off the top layer. I used my finger tool, and my trusty coffee filter, and pressed the Cherry Sparkle Sparkle N Soft (SS100) into the Tear-ific Tape. After the top side was fully covered with the Cherry Sparkle Sparkle N Soft (SS100), I peeled off the back layer and added more Cherry Sparkle Sparkle N Soft (SS100) to the back side. This created a strip of sparkly ribbon that isn't sticky. I tied a bow and used it on the doe. Here is a photo of the bow close up.


The background was made by stamping the Tree Scene Stamp Set 723 on white cardstock with Versamark Ink, and then I heat embossed White Detail Embossing Powder (EP298). I used Distress Inks to make a bit of night sky. Then, I stamped out the same image onto vellum, and also used the White Detail Embossing Powder (EP298) again. I used Copic markers to color the green on the tree, and colored the backside of the vellum so that the green color showed through but was muted. I layered the vellum over the stamped and colored cardstock, which softened the background. Here is a close up of the tree.


I used Twinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft (SS107) on the base of the card to make it look like sparkly snow. I hand cut some sloped snow banks from white cardstock, covered them with Brushable Glue (540), and then sprinkled on the Twinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft (SS107) . This was just the perfect way to ground the deer and give them a little extra sparkle too :)


I hope you enjoy these fun stamps that were revealed this month. These two stamp sets go so well together. Make sure you stop by next week for our mini blog hop with another reveal on July 15 - there are even MORE fun new stamps coming! 

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris


















1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card. Love all the flocking and the glittery antlers. And especially the red nose. :-)

    ReplyDelete