Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hello Card (07/23/2015)

We all need more sparkle in our lives! I had a great visit with a friend, and made her a Hello card to say thanks for the wonderful visit. Here is the card I made for her:


I made this card with a Lawn Fawn Navy Notecard as my card base. I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling Card die to cut out the cloud sky background paper.  I stamped out the polar bear from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Snow, and colored him with Copic markers to make him more of a brown bear instead of a polar bear. He has a little tree from Happy Trails behind him to help set the scene. The ground was created by cutting some Lawn Fawn paper with the Stitched Hillside Borders die.    

I also used Lawn Fawn's dragonfly stamp from the Critters in the Forest stamp set to make it even more fun. I colored the dragonfly with Copics, and covered him with a little bit of glitter, to make him sparkle on his wings.

I used Lawn Fawn's Scripty Hello to make the sentiment. I cut one of the hellos from white cardstock and colored it blue with Copic markers. The second hello was cut from cardstock covered with Sparkle N Sprinkle's 2-1/2" Double-sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT11). After cutting this piece, I removed the release paper and adhered Sparkle N Sprinkle's Surf Semi-transparent Glitter (G1117). I layered the two together offset a bit to help frame the sentiment. 
 

I hope my friend enjoyed this card. Sure was a wonderful evening spent with her catching up and sharing love and laughter.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment