Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Stylish Chick (07/22/2015)

Hi! Today I am featuring Sparkle N Sprinkle's Birds of a Feather Stamp Set 726. The two new July mid-month reveal stamp sets are so cute, and I am over the moon with both of them. I wanted to use the large chick from the Birds of a Feather set, and dress her up all stylishly.
15-0722_01_StyleChick_Front

I stamped her out on watercolor paper with black pigment ink, and sprinkled Clear Detail Embossing Powder (EP280) over it and heat set it with my heat gun. I colored her using watercolor brush markers. After she dried, I fussy cut her out and used Brushable Glue (540) and dotted her pearls and shoes with glue, and sprinkled Blue Lightning (G1008) onto the glue. This made her shoes and pearls POP just a bit more! Check her out:
15-0722_03_StyleChick_Chick

Since she had great style, she needed a little bit of a sassy background as well. I pulled out more watercolor paper and made a background. First, I sprayed some Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst in Ultramarine Blue (KN-06066) and then spritzed it with water. This made the watercolor powder burst out into vibrant splashes of intense blue! After drying, I layered a swirly dot stencil over it and applied Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste (dr-dtep) through the stencil to create the translucent dots. As soon as I was done with this step, I removed the stencil and dusted Bridal Glitter (G1029) onto the wet paste. (NOTE: If you use embossing paste, you should immediately rinse your stencils in warm soapy water to remove the paste before it dries!) This made a bit of a colorful and shimmery background.
15-0722_02_StyleChick_Background

I used the "to a chick with style" sentiment from the Birds of a Feather Stamp Set (726) for this card because it captured her perfectly! I wanted to keep the background and not cover it up. So, I whipped out a strip of vellum, stamped with Versamark Ink Pad (VM-001) and covered it with Black Detail Embossing Powder (EP171) and heat embossed it. I wrapped the ends of the vellum underneath the panel, and adhered them to the back with 1/2" Double-Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT04) so the adhesive doesn't show through the vellum. After the background and sentiment were done, I added on the stylish chick onto it with foam dots to pop her up a little bit. This is what it looked like:
15-0722_06_StyleChick_SentimentOnVellum

I used strips of 1/2" Double-Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT04) and edged a piece of cardstock, cut one inch larger than the watercolor paper panel with the chick. After adhering all the strips down, I covered them with Misty Blue Glitter (G1021) and layered the chick panel onto the glitter-edge panel. I framed this panel with a black cardstock panel, cut about 1/8" larger, to make a very thin frame border.
15-0722_04_StyleChick_BlueGlitterFrame

To finish off the card, I pulled out some paper flowers from my stash. These flowers were flat. I edged them with distress ink, rolled them around with my flower molding stylus, and layered them up to make a dimensional flower, using liquid glue to hold the layers together. Then, I brushed on some Brushable Glue (540) and sprinkled more Bridal Glitter (G1029) onto each flower. I adhered the flowers to the card, and this little chick was ready to go!
15-0722_05_StyleChick_Flowers

I know you will love this stamp set! I have had so much fun with it! Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! - Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment