Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Twiney Thanks! (07/18/2012)

Today's card is colorful and filled with love!  Let's stroll on over and say howdy okay?


I made this Thanks card to thank a friend for her inspiration and belief in me ... and I wanted to make it as colorful as possible!  I used Lawn Fawn's Quinns ABCs for the sentiment, and Belinda's Borders for the heart border and the chevron and squiggle backgrounds. 

I made a card from cardstock, then cut a white cardstock panel.  I stamped the heart border and then colored the hearts in rainbow colors with Copic markers.  I scraplifted a hint from Lawn Fawn's Kelly Marie and drew around the outer edges of the heart border with a very light gray marker to help make the heart border POP a little bit more.  It is really hard to tell in these photos.



I also stamped both the squiggle and chevron borders in versa mark to create a bit of a patterned paper background.  You can kinda see that in the photo above.

I stamped out my sentiment, using versa mark and white embossing powder on Lawn Fawn's Petite Paper Pack in rainbow colors as well.  I fussy cut them out and adhered them with popup dots.



I wanted even more color :) so I tied on some bakers twine, tied bows, and copic colored some clear rhinestones to get them to match the twine, and popped them on top of the bows.  I also put a teeny dot of Crystal 3-D glue under the bows to keep them in place, and keep them from unraveling.   

A corner punch and a little bit of inked edges later, and the card was done.  I really hope Kerena likes it - she has inspired me in so many ways.  I hope this little card helps tell her how much I appreciate her!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment