Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Summer (07/09/2012)

Hi, let's meet today's card shall we?


This was a very different card for me ... I made this the old-fashioned way, just scissors, colored cardstock, glue and a marker :)  I just had to make a "summer" gift for a buddy, who loves, loves, loves the Happy Summer stamp set from Lawn Fawn.  So, I got her the stamp set, and a couple coordinating copic markers as well.  I just had to stay in the picnic/watermelon theme, and made my own watermelon-shaped card to go with the gift.

I free-hand cut the watermelon shape (don't look too close ... or go ahead and look, and just feel the wonky love of doing it like a third grader!).  I needed something small for seeds, and I came up with the idea of using two of my petite flower punches from Stampin' Up.  I stamped out two flowers and then cut them into pizza-type slices of each petal, for a triangle-ish seed shape.  I also allowed myself to have them in a little different shapes and sizes to make it look a little more realistic and third-graderish.  *I apologize to all third graders out there :)

Tied up the copics with a bow, and the card and gift was done!

I know Terri will enjoy her summer, and this little giftie will help it be just a little bit better!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment