Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Birthday with Glitter! (07/20/2012)

Today's card has glitter!



This card was totally scraplifted from Lawn Fawn's 07/09/12 blog post.  When I saw Chari's card, I knew I had to make one ... and Melisa, conveniently, was having a birthday!  So, she got a glittery candle border card.  

I recently purchased a pack of cards & envelopes from a big box store, for super cheap (8 cards & envelopes in the dollar bin!).  So, I decided to use one of those.  I used the one with the scalloped edge. I layered a blue panel over most of the front of the card, and left the scalloped border.  I also ran a thin strip of the same cardstock color on the inside bottom of the card to help accent the scallop.

To decorate the card, I used Lawn Fawn's Chevron Backdrops and versa mark inked the cardstock panel with the thin chevron border.  I stamped "happy" with Quinns ABCs and filled in each letter with blue glitter glue.  I also stamped "birthday" from Sophie's Sentiments.  Then, stamped a string of colored candles from Bake Me a Cake set.

I topped off the card, just like Chari, with a cute little party hat from Hats Off to You collection.

This was a really fun card and I hope Melisa enjoys it and has a wonderful birthday!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment