Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rockin' Birthday (07/11/2012)

Another day ... Another card:



Scraplifted this idea (Belinda's Borders background on a monochromatic card) from a recent Lawn Fawn blog, and made a card for a friend's birthday ... he totally rocks, and he is an incredible emcee, so this seemed fitting to have a microphone as the center piece for his birthday card.  I used the Stay Tuned stamp set for the microphone and "sound waves" symbols. 

I also scraplifted an idea from another Lawn Fawn blog, and stamped my microphone onto Lawn Fawn's Bright Side Collection Kit patterned paper using versa mark ink, and then covered it with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.  Then, I colored in the non-embossed areas with a water-based dark gray marker, wiped the ink off the clear embossed parts, and then fussy cut out the microphone.  Here is a close-up.  It is a tad difficult to see, but this does kinda show the clear embossing over the patterned paper.



I cut out a label with my spellbinders die cut and my trusty Cuttlebug - love, love, love the Cuttlebug!  I stamped out the sentiment from Sophie's Sentiments, and cut it into a banner shape. Layered it across the label area, and was finished!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment