Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hoppy Halloween!!!! (10/31/2012)

Today's card is one of my all-time favorites!  What can be more fun than Halloween, bunnies, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks and Copic coloring?  Squeal!   Eek!  Yikes! 

The card I made with all of these things!  Let's meet it shall we?

One of Lawn Fawn's recent releases was a Hoppy Halloween mini set!  The set has a vampire bunny, carrot, star, moon and a "hoppy halloween" sentiment.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it - and I had to make Kelly a card with it cuz she loves bunnies and Halloween!  It was PERFECT!

I whipped out some black cardstock and made my card.  I also got some white X-press Blend It paper and used it for my stamped images, and created a panel for my background too.  I stamped out images from the Hoppy Halloween set, and also stamped out the house from Lawn Fawn's Happy Haunting set.  I was inspired to build the Lawn Fawn haunted house in three layers on Kristina Werner's blog.  She is AMAZING!  Scraplifting from Kristina, I stamped three images of the house, and colored in the house with my Copic markers.  I fussy cut out the house in layers, and adhered the house together with pop dots.  Here is a close up:
     
I also scraplifted Kristina's idea to make the house on a "mound" and stamped the fence from the Happy Haunting set as well..  But first, I stamped the Hoppy Halloween star on my white paper with versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then,
I pulled out several yellow, orange and red distress inks and went to town blending and inking the background to make it kinda like a sunset or twilight.  I also stamped the full moon from Happy Haunting, then stamped again over the moon to make a crescent, colored it with Copics and cut it out.  I added crystal effects over the windows and to the moon, and the carrots to give them a little dimensional shine.

I also stamped, colored and fussy cut the carrots and the bunny. 

I freehand cut out some black paper and used that as my ground/hill.  I curved the rickety fence stamp on an acrylic block, stamped the fence, and added in all my stamped, colored & cut images and adhered some of them with pop-dots.

I really love Halloween, it is my favorite holiday, and this card was really fun to make!  I wish Halloween was every day, so I could make tons more of these kinds of cards!  It was so much fun!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment