Friday, October 19, 2012

Flowerly Colorful Happy Birthday (10/19/2012)

This card is for a very dear friend of mine, who shares the same birthday as me :)  So, I had to do a fun birthday card for her!

And, here it is:


I am having some lighting issues right now, so please cut me a little bit of slack on the color and light!  The card colors really POP more than what show here - and it is brighter white too.  Oh well.

I was inspired by a "Thinking of You" card I saw on Pinterest recently.  The concept was stamped floral images around the edges, a die cut negative space, and a sentiment.  I scraplifted this one for sure :)  I decided to not shade the flowers, even though I used three pink Copic colors.  The floral stamps I used from Lawn Fawn's Flutter By lended themselves to solid colored leaves instead of shaded leaves. 

I also used Lawn Fawn's Grand Greetings for the sentiment.  I did something I have done only once before ... I *CUT* my stamp apart so I could more easily stack the sentiment in the available space!  Eeks!  It is kinda scary to do it, but it is really no big deal once it is cut.  It works out well to do this.  I might have to do it again :)

I hope Lori has a fabulous birthday - I'll be sending her birthday wishes all day :0

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment