Monday, September 14, 2015

Sand In Your Toes (09/14/2015)

Today's card is a sweet little gal from Sparkle N Sprinkle's Beach Babes Stamp Set 473. I just loved this little gal, with her bucket and shovel. So fun! 


I stamped her out with Versamark Ink onto watercolor paper, and then used Sparkle N Sprinkle's Black Detail Embossing Powder 171 and heat embossed the image. Then, I colored her with Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor pens and a waterbrush. After coloring her, I brushed on some Brushable Glue 540 and added glitters!  I coordinated the glitters to pump up the watercolor medium colors. I used Bubble Gum Semi-transparent Glitter G1088 over the pink, Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter (microfine) Semi-transparent Glitter GM2000 over the purple, and Daisy Velvet Glitter (microfine) Semi-transparent Glitter GM2019 over the orange.


I also colored her hat, the same colors and glitters above. 

Her sweet little bucket was colored in green, and then glittered with Easy Green Semi-transparent Glitter G1077.

Her shovel was also glittered up with Sonic Silver Velvet Glitter (microfine) GM2002

I stamped out the sentiment with Versamark Ink, and then used Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail Embossing Powder EP298. I cut out the sentiment using a banner die cut, and then used an ink blending tool to ink a light brown over the sentiment. The white embossing powder resisted the ink so the sentiment popped out!

Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkling Sands Sparkle N Soft SS118 was the perfect thing to give the sand area some texture and color. I also colored the starfish and covered him up with some Evening Glow Semi-transparent Glitter G1086. 
 I gave the edges of the kraft paper a little bit of sparkly color with 1/8" Double-sided "Tear-ific" Tape SAT02, and a dusting of Sparkling Sands Sparkle N Soft SS118.

I made my own DIY wave embossing background ... I took some wave dies and laid them over my background paper, and used am embossing mat and ran them through my Cuttlebug. This gave the background paper some wave texture, but didn't actually cut the paper with the wave dies. That is a great way to get extra mileage out of cutting dies :)

This sweet Beach Babe is ready for her fun day in the sun, with sand in her toes! 


Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment