Monday, September 28, 2015

Birthday Mermaid (09/28/2015)

Sparkle N Sprinkle's September theme is Beach / Water. I saw this sweet little Cutie Patootie Birthday Mermaid - Digital Stamp Digi139, and made her shine and sparkle! I got the digital stamp, and sized it to the height I wanted, and printed her out on white Copic-friendly cardstock. Here she is!!


As I was coloring her, I was choosing colors and just felt like she needed pink hair, since ya can't get any more cutie patootie than a mermaid with pink hair! So, I colored her with Copic markers. I also brushed Brushable Glue 540 over her hair, and sprinkled on Bubble Gum Semi-transparent Glitter G1088. I also colored her hair flower, and fussy cut another out, and glittered it. I covered the flower with Brushable Glue 540 and sprinkled on Evening Glow Semi-transparent Glitter G1086Check it out:
 
Keeping up with the color scheme, I colored the present and flowers and fussy cut copies out and covered them with Brushable Glue 540 and glitter. I also used Lacy Lilac Glitter G1033 on the present too. I glittered her dots on her mermaid body with Raspberry Soda Semi-transparent G1052 too. I splatted around a few pearls from the Pearl Mesh Small MON21 and Pearl Mesh Large MON20 sheets. Here is another shot of these fun accessories:

I typed the sentiment on my computer, and printed it out on white cardstock. I covered it with Sparkle Embossing Powder EP107, and heat set it. This really made the sentiment have some glitter and color :)

I arranged the mermaid square panel and created two frames around the diamond panel. I used white cardstock but colored the edges with Copic markers to match the colors used. I adhered 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape SAT01 to the edge of the pink frame. I cut a strip of Pink Diamond Mesh MON8 and adhered it to the tape. I sprinkled on more Raspberry Soda Semi-transparent G1052 to cover the adhesive. I also used a lattice die and my brown embossing mat to dry emboss the lattice design into another card panel. I framed it with another card panel, and laid down 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape SAT01. I added in a strip of Pearl Mesh Small MON21 with a sprinkle of Priceless Peacock Glitter G1015.
Every cutie patootie birthday has balloons! I colored the balloons, and then colored a second set and fussy cut them out. I used Brushable Glue 540 over the balloons, and sprinkled on glitters. I used: Easy Green Semi-transparent Glitter G1077, Lacy Lilac Glitter G1033, and Bubble Gum Semi-transparent Glitter G1088. After adding the glitter, I laid on a layer of Brushable Glue 540 over the top of the glitter and let it dry. Once it was dry, I adhered the balloons with foam adhesive.

Here is another angle of the balloons and her hair. Wow! The sparkle!

I think this sweet little Cutie Patootie Birthday Mermaid - Digital Stamp Digi139 is just too cute! I hope you enjoyed her too :)
         
Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

 Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment