Friday, September 11, 2015

Beach Mermaid (09/11/2015)

I got this this gorgeous Mermaid Kisses Stamp Set 529 from Sparkle N Sprinkle and just had to have her! I love it. This is what I did:
15-0911_01_BeachMermaid_Front
This mermaid was so much fun! I stamped out the mermaid and some shells on white Copic-friendly cardstock, then colored her in with Copic markers. I made her sparkle with a LOT of glitters - these were so much fun to add on. I used Brushable Glue 540 for each area, and then sprinkled on glitter. For her body, I used Easy Green Semi-transparent Glitter G1077. Her flowers are colored with Raspberry Soda Semi-transparent Glitter G1052. Her hair is colored with Celestial Semi-transparent Glitter G1031.
15-0911_02_BeachMermaid_Mermaid
Her tiara has Sonic Silver Opaque Glitter GM2002.
15-0911_03_BeachMermaid_Tiara-Hair
I stamped out and colored some shell shapes for corners. I used the Sakura Glue Pen to draw on where I wanted the glitter. So easy to use for fine detail! I used Surf Semi-transparent Glitter G1117Easy Green Semi-transparent Glitter G1077, and Raspberry Soda Semi-transparent Glitter G1052
15-0911_04_BeachMermaid_Corner
Here is the other corner, using the same glitters and techniques. I also framed the Mermaid image with Pearl Mesh Small MON21. I adhered the Pearl Mesh with 1/8" Double-sided "Tear-ific" Tape SAT02, and then sprinkled on Bridal Opaque Glitter G1029 onto the remaining adhesive to add a little more sparkle!
15-0911_05_BeachMermaid_Corner
I colored in the water with Copic and then drew on some glue lines with the Sakura Glue Pen, and sprinkled on Fascination Opaque Glitter G1030 to make the waves surrounding the rock base sparkle :) The shells are colored with Surf Semi-transparent Glitter G1117and Easy Green Semi-transparent Glitter G1077.
15-0911_06_BeachMermaid_ShellsWater
Here are some photos of the Mermaid before she was all glittered and glammed up. I cut her out with a die cut that also makes the frame (photo further below) in addition to cutting out the image area.
15-0911_07_BeachMermaid_ColoredMermaid
Here are the shell images stamped out, colored, and then fussy cut.
15-0911_08_BeachMermaid_Coloring
The die I used cut out the Mermaid rectangle, and the frame below. I used an ink blending tool to color the frame with distress ink.
15-0911_09_BeachMermaid_Frame
After everything was colored, I layered everything together, and was done! This Mermaid is so sweet, and I just love her.
Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment