Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Penguin Birthday (09/12/2012)

Today's card is a card for a boy (a grown up boy).  I seem to be a little "masculine-card-challenged" but here it is anyway:

I used Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Snow for the penguin and the very light igloo behind him.  I also used Lawn Fawn's Hats Off to You for his party hat, and three of their newest stamp sets for the sentiment (Happy Everything), the cartoon bubble for the sentiment (A Birdie Told Me), and the ice-cube-layered background (Interlocking Backdrops). 

To make the card, I stamped the brick background with versamark on the card, then clear heat embossed it.  I colored it with two blue Distress Inks, then stitched the edges with a black marker.  I laid down a strip of washi tape, die cut two circles from blue cardstock, and stamped, copic colored and fussy cut out the penguin and his hat.  I also stamped the sentiment bubble and sentiment and fussy cut those.


Ya can't tell by this photo - but the penguin circle is mounted on a wobbler, so his little circle dances and moves!

Hopefully the birthday boy likes it - he does like penguins, so maybe this helps show him how much we think of him and miss him. Happy Birthday Dave!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment