Wednesday, September 26, 2012

BandAid Thanks card (09/26/2012)

Today's card has a band-aid on it :)

First of all, I was inspired by Latisha's card on the 09/07/2012 Lawn Fawn blog posting.  The little band-aid from the On the Mend stamp set makes me so happy!

In a nutshell, my dear hubby rode his bike with me on my last training ride before my most recent triathlon, and he had a bike crash, which landed him in the Emergency Room.  The ER folks were FABULOUS and took really good care of him.  What could have been a horrific experience was changed into a positive (and dare I say FUN) experience because of their professionalism, their efficiency, and their warm and caring abilities.  I just had to make a card to send to the ER staff thanking them for taking care of my Guy.

I used a bunch of Lawn Fawn "thanks" sentiments, both from stamp sets, and the little thank you gifties they include in each and every order.  I also used Grand Greetings for the main sentiment, and Belinda's Borders for the stitched edge.  I stamped out the band-aid on patterned paper from Lawn Fawn's Bright Side Collection Petite Paper Pack, and also made banners from the paper pack.

A little bit of edging ink and I was done.  This card hopefully will help show the ER staff how much they are appreciated!  They were really a great crew - Thank You!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment