Monday, September 10, 2012

Newest Medium ... Fabric! (09/10/2012)

I tried out a new medium (and might be a tad addicted already!) ... Terri invited me to a "bag class" at a local quilt shop.  Our community recently enacted a plastic bag ban, so this quilting shop offered some classes for folks to come and make their own fabric tote bag for grocery shopping or what-have-you.  Let's check out what I made shall we?

I didn't get to choose my own fabric - but I did get to choose which pre-cut fabric I wanted.  I of course gravitated to the GREEN and FLORAL one :)  It is hard to tell, but this fabric is warmer and greener than what it looks like in this photo. 

This class was so much fun - and it was actually really easy.  Our teacher was good, gave us great instructions and cheered us on.  Most of us in class were (cough, cough) NEWER to sewing!  She had her hands full, but she did a great job corraling us and moving us to the goal of having a completed bag!

Here is a close-up - don't look TOO CLOSE and notice my not-straight-stitching lines!

I feel some more fabric-related crafting coming on ... I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment